Friday, February 8, 2013

Sub Tub Preparations!

Taking time off from work can be a HUGE hassle.  Preparing lessons are the worst.  I battle leaving the curriculum and chancing it be taught incorrectly.  I'm such a worry wart and control freak.  Leaving tested items and chancing confusion bugs me, as sweet Abby would say, "12 kinds of crazy!" To combat my issues, I decided to create tubs throughout the year to prepare for those unfortunate days.  

I'm one of 8 teachers on Kindergarten so these tubs come in GOOD use.  I share each and every one.  Once the main tub is created, the consumables are the only thing needing to be reprinted for another teacher or the following year.  

I purchased colorful book bins.  Because I'm a bit OCD, I matched the colors to the theme of the book.  Red=Swallowed a Rose, Blue = Swallowed Some Snow, Dark Green = Swallowed a Bell, Orange = Swallowed a Pie, Gold = Swallowed Some Leaves, Purple = Swallowed Some Books

Remember when I said OCD.  I bag up each lesson in a gallon bag.  I cut and prepare the little pieces and attach them with a paper clip!  It's organization to the enth degree!

Reading

Skills

Math

In addition to tub preparations, I have an emergency backpack hanging at the front door.  This includes a class roll, emergency procedures, map of the school, district policy, gloves and band-aids, paper, pencil, an extra class set of lunch tags, a schedule, etc.  


So next week I go into surgery and very thankful for having my tubs prepared.  I'm using Swallowed Some Books, Swallowed Some Snow, and Swallowed a Rose.  

The Friday before a holiday I will use my tubs ONLY if I hadn't had to take off near the holiday featured within the book.  I'm grateful I was able to use Swallowed a Pie, Swallowed Some Leaves, and Swallowed a Bell with my class.  We had a blast.  I cannot express how SAD I will be to give up the other lessons.  The kids really enjoy the activities which makes me smile.  

How do you prepare for a sub?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers