Thursday, February 7, 2013

100th Day of FUN! {Picture Post}


As previously stated, I used two fabulous units from two very supportive friends!  Kathleen from Growing Kinders and Cara from The First Grade Parade.  All activities were a hit and everyone, including myself, went home happy!  Now that is success!!!!
 

 Cara is right, It's Kind of a BIG deal! 

Kathleen simply amazes me! Did you know she is presenting at the I Teach K conference this summer?  After you finish viewing my picture post, link over and scout her presentation dates {here}

We started our day with Center FUN!!! I combined activities from both ladies to complete the day.  To avoid displaying images of EVERYTHING, I'm gonna show only a few fun happenings from each packet.  There was VERY few things unused from each!



After rotating through everything 100, we read 100th Day Worries by Margery Cuyler! And shared our 100th Day collections.  *Sniff*  I'm bummed that I missed the images of our collections displayed in the hallway!  We took these collections and compared the sizes of objects and how FULL the bags looked based on the size of each item displayed.  I had an awful hard time convincing some that the bags rice and lego blocks were both 100 sooo out came the sorting mats! 


To follow up our discussion, the kids completed a response sheet from Kathleen's Unit!
Kayla's dad is overseas in the Military.  She really opened up about her concerns.  So sweet!  She colored the smiley for the fun day and made tears for missing her daddy!  My heart breaks!!! 

Kaden was very honest about his feelings of removing the training wheels from his bike.  This topic became a discussion in which all the kids could relate!


About this time, I broke out the smell good from my 100th Day Survival Kit and enjoyed a piece of chocolate which is my FAV!!!  I shared this image last Friday but it's too awesome not to share again!  Be Jealous, Very Jealous!!!

To end our day, we created Sweet Cara's cookie craft and enjoyed fresh baked chocolate chip cookies to close our enjoyable day.  
 
NOW, the countdown begins!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers