Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Summer is Upon Me....

It's been a difficult go at things with the end of the year.  3.5 days remaining PLUS post planning.  I can do it!!!!!  I do plan on coming to you soon with lots of fun and interesting files.

Until then...

I put my Absorb Summer Content file on Sale!!  If you follow me on Instagram, you had a heads up!  I even made an announcement on my FB Fan page!  Here's my pin! Click graphic to link to the store!


I've worked hard to get my classroom broken down and camping with books prepped.  Here's my post from 2011 to give a little preivew of what to expect.  



A follower asked on Instagram for more information and this is my response...

On Monday, I begin with a funny video entitled Beginners Guide to Camping. It's hysterical. The kids really gain a lot of information from the video. After, the kids and I create a shared writing on how to set up a tent. I don't correct the kids because I assemble exactly has they directed me in our writing. They quickly realize we missed steps as the assembly goes wrong. I think this is an important piece to understanding that directions have to be very clearly written. After, I have the kids research books and determine the various camp animals that may be found at a forrest campsite. We create a mural which becomes our backdrop for our campsite. Last year, I was able to incorporate Cara's Camping Capers and used her animals for our back drop. That evening, I usually stay behind and set up centers. I bring in a pool, raft, tent, picnic table, etc. Each of my center signs are hung from fishing poles. Each morning for the rest of the week is all camp centers. I used Hope's in second grade and will use Cara's this year. When I was on first, I made centers and downloaded a few from online. One of the centers revolves around a specific insect. I get ants, praying mantis, ladybugs, and worms from Insect Lore. They're really cheap to replace the bugs each year. I have the habitat from 2006 when I started camping. In the afternoon, we watched a Magic School Bus video on the specific insect or one closely related and created a craft to match. We ended our day with camp snacks and a journal page. It's lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers