Friday, January 11, 2013

There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed A Rose {Sub Tub}

.
I've completed my next sub tub in time for Valentine's Day.  I've been emailed a few questions about the tub and wanted to answer here.... 

My tubs are created to meet common core standards.  The Swallowed Series does a great job at using various skills in each of their books.  The skills featured guide the lessons in the tub.  Example: Swallowed Some Snow used onomatopoeia, Swallowed a Rose includes contractions, Swallowed a Clover has compound words. This may mean that the standard for skill in Swallowed a Rose is a second grade standard. I've worked to ensure all lessons were appropriate for Kindergarten and First. 

I prepare all my tubs in advance.  These files are not meant to have printed the morning of a substitute!  The activities include readers, pocket chart activities, and response sheets that may require time to prepare {print and cut}. The lessons are interactive and easy for the substitute to use but has depth. 

If you are like me... I want to teach the lessons myself.  Not planning on giving it away to my sub.  Sooo, I prepared my files in case of an emergency.  If a sub isn't needed, I teach a full themed day on  Fridays before the specific holiday or season featured in the book.  It's always nice to have on hand lessons for the days things just don't seem to work out.  Give me an AMEN, if you agree!

I've kept the a focus on Predictable Text in each tub.  The response to reading lessons are different.  The math and writing content are inspired by the theme.  As stated above, the skills come directly from the text.  I've kept some consistent activities such as sequencing, retelling props, and emergent readers. 

For my new followers, I've posted Swallowed Some Books, Swallowed Some Leaves, Swallowed a Pie, Swallowed a Bell, Swallowed Some Snow.  I do have plans to create Swallowed a Fly and Swallowed a Bat but will work on these files once I'm finished with the upcoming holidays. 

Soooo what's included in Swallowed a Rose...

Click to Link

Pocket Chart Sequencing
Pocket Chart Vocabulary
Kindergarten Skills Lesson
First Grade Skills Lessons
Interactive Emergent Reader
Friendly Letters
Posters and Songs
Odd/Even
Color and Blk/White
Retelling Props

I need to put the finishing touches on Swallowed a Clover.  I'm hoping to have it ready next week. If you love the file, leave a comment.  I'd love to send a copy to one random winner on Sunday!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers