Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Rockin' Resolutions

January 2nd and already back to school!  The kids were magnificent.  Thank the heavens above for their behavior because 5:45 am rolled around too fast.  Darn insomnia!  

Yesterday I posted about Dots-N-Spots Rockin' Resolutions craft! Uber cute, right?!?


I just love this lil guys response.  My book of the month for the fall was Pigsty.  Still making connections which makes my heart go aflutter!  Not sure if you can read but he says, "I want to help make the school NOT be a pigsty."

Today I read Squirrel's New Year's Resolution.  Have you read this book?!?  So cute!  Several of multi meaning words.  Great for predicting/inferring, sequencing, and problem solving!   This story takes you on a journey with Squirrel as she learns about resolutions that better yourself and resolutions that help others. 

Using the sheets provided in yesterday's post, I had the kids brainstorm a list of goals for bettering themselves and helping others.  These goals could include school or personal.  I had answers from helping friends learn to tie shoes to recycling more.  Eating healthier to riding their bike without training wheels.  All discussed by students through a turn and talk.  

 Link to Purchase

My college roommate and colleague at my school has a cute lil pack for sale to align with this book.   You can get all this for $2.50.  F-F-Fantastic!!  Her responses were sooo cute today.  I'm kicking myself for not having taken the picture of her display.  Here are three previews...

 Click the above graphic to link to her blog post for more of a description!

 Click this graphic to her store and scoop up this cute coloring page to align!

So... my classroom is located directly across the hall from guidance and the principal.  I'm sure they thought my kids were nuts.  Matter of fact, "Nuttier than a port-o-potty at a peanut festival!" Yes.I.Did!  At 2:45pm I popped open several bottles of sparkling white grape juice.  {SIDEBAR} I had one guy tell me, "No thanks, I'm too young for alcohol!"  Holy Smokes, Batman!  I can only imagine what they say to their mommas.  HA!  Anyhow, we popped open the bubbly and counted down "loudly" 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  We toasted each other and ate animal cookies at the stroke of 3pm. Since the Mr. broke his ankle during the holidays and awaiting surgery any day now, we were in PJs cozy on the couch.  The most exciting celebration to ring in the new year happened today.  Some might say "tho thad'!  LOL! 

Happy Teaching!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers