Sunday, February 19, 2012

now!Board a Portable Interactive Solution

.
.
I am excited to introduce you to the now!Board, a Learning Resources Portable Interactive Whiteboard Technology to use in the classroom.

now!Board offers similar interactions to SMART technology without the board.  This is a cost effective solution to purchasing a $1500 interactive board.  now!Board is available at the affordable price point of $499.  

I was a bit surprised to receive a package as small as a shoe box.  I was certain more was still to come.  After opening, I pleasantly stunned to see how portable the device really was!  Technology that literally fits in the palm of my hand!  With only three steps, my new now!Board was installed and operating successfully!  

Step 1: Download the software.
Step 2: Hook up the camera by USB cord.
Step 3: Calibrate the board with the stylus.

NOTE: You will need a projector and a computer to interact with the now!Board technology.

The portability factor is a HUGE plus.  As a team teacher, I'm able to pass along the technology to my partner to use in her class.  No longer are the worrisome days of moving grade levels or classrooms and leaving the installed technology behind!  

The product comes with a wand and stylus for differentiated motor skills. Since you are using a regular whiteboard, you do not have the touch capabilities of the SMART Board.



Houghton Mifflin is my reading curriculum resource.  Although I love the eWord games, I often leave this as a center tool rather than an instructional tool.  This past week, I was able to allow the students to interact with the eWord vocabulary games for Theme 4 during my mini-lesson AND the kids loved it!  We set up teams and without realizing, the kids were learning.







The product will be available in April 2012.  Although the cost is affordable for interactive technology, I'm aware of the challenges to come up with five hundred spare dollars to spend.  You can set up a DonorsChoose project for the now!Board by clicking the link.

I encourage you to watch the video on how to use the now!Board.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers