Monday, January 9, 2012

Updates...

I cannot believe this past week flew by so quickly.  Here are a few pictures of our New Year Wish.  You can find the printable from Erica's Unit here.



I used the hats from my activity last year.


We are working on Persuasive Writing. I introduce the genre with OREO (opinion, reason, example, restate opinion).  We begin with graphic organizers until the kids understand how to write without the support.  I have a student working on a magnificent paper and cannot wait to share on my students' blog (located on the sidebar) when we are complete. 

The follow up lesson models how to transfer the writing into complete sentences.  I forgot to take a picture of our shared writing.  I will share tomorrow.

This book does a wonderful job at teaching reasons.  The kids enjoyed it too!


Here's a chart of various strategies the kids shared during our math lesson.

We are reading Cherry Blossom Friends (pictured on the bookshelf and located on the sidebar).  I'm awaiting a clipart request before I can share my unit which has been a huge success in class. Until then...




My picture is officially up on the wall at school.  The kids pass and pointed today at the wall of honor!  Thanks for all the kind comments of Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers