Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Are You A Bucket Filler?

Are you a bucket filler?  This year has been the year of encouragement through our bucket filling program.  As early finishers, my students are allowed to write messages to their friends and deposit their kind notes into the recipients bucket.  I noticed the kids messages started out meaningful and most recently became superficial.  Sooo... the teacher in me decided to find a way to encourage positive praise.  I decided to send the kids electronic bucket fillers.  These really help build our writing stamina and encourage deeper messages.  I displayed the message with the LCD projector.  The kids loved that they received an email.  So. Simple!  Afterwards, the kids and I began writing a few messages to various classrooms.  We have received positive feedback.

You can send your own electronic bucket fillers here

You'll find some useful bucket filling resources here.

I want to fill your bucket too. Please read here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers