Friday, April 12, 2013

Five for Friday

TGIF!!!  I'm back to join Kacey from Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday.  

WOW!  It's been a long week with highs and lows for parents, students, and myself.   Monday morning I found out that I will not loop to first with this group of students due to budget.  I have a remarkable class.   Now I'm getting my mind right for this upcoming year!  I stayed late all week to work on dumping stuff I saved for the loop.  A spring cleaning of sorts!  


I've been absent from the blog int he past few weeks due to non teacher related events in my life.  The hubs and I celebrated our anniversary.  I'm truly blessed to have this man in my life for eight wonderful years!  We made it official Easter Sunday three years ago which couldn't be more perfect since the day signals "New Beginnings"!



To celebrate our Anniversary, we bought tickets to the Broadway production for Rock of Ages!  Best Show EVER!



The following day, I loaded into my car and traveled to Atlanta to meet some friends and participate in the Color Run!


From Left to Right: Me, Kathleen (Growing Kinders), Deanna (Mrs. Jump's Class), Katie (Queen of the First Grade Jungle), Hope (2nd Grade Shenanigans), Megan and Kim (Kinder Gals).

Atlanta was a busy place!  We sat in the car for hours to travel 11 miles.  No kidding!  So what better than a Chinese Fire Drill with adults in tutus!  




The race was truly a blast!  I can honestly say it's the happiest race on the planet!  



At school on Wednesday, my Kindergarten team and I prepared a song for the intermediate teachers!  An adult FCAT pep rally!  Everyone has worked so hard to prepare for the BIG state test on Monday.  The morning of our meeting, we decided to pull together an impromptu performance.  During lunch we practiced once. We have zero singing skills and minimum dancing skills, but we managed to make our staff laugh.  That's what its all about, right!?!  

Finally, My class began a new set of core centers this week.  I plan to have the set posted tomorrow.  Here's a peek at the content inside the pack!






Don't forget to link up or read all the fabulous post at Doodle Bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers