Saturday, May 7, 2011

My Superman...

Superman doesn't wear a cape and fly through the sky.  He or she walks the halls of academic institutions, often wearing uncomfortable clothes, seen massaging temples and rubbing feet, sketching a list of ideas on paper, and discussing common goals.  My Superman comes in the form of a friend, parent, and most importantly an educator. I'm, as Babbling Abby would say, "Twelve Kinds of Excited"! My DonorsChoose project was fully funded  tonight.  This experience has been rewarding, and the generosity of teachers across this country has truly inspired me.  With the exception of one of my parents for Teacher Appreciation, all my donors are teachers!  I'm confident now more than ever that we collectively make up the fictional character, Superman.  Its' our willingness to reach out and share our creations, encourage our colleagues, support each others endeavors, and work towards a common goal of educating our youth that makes us the hero. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers